Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Inspiring Children Unto Good Things

What do you want your children's ideals to be? Send them to the public school and you've lost your best way to teach and to place in their hearts what you want for them, Christianity and its ethics.
Here is a list of Christian ethic that should be instilled in children:

1. Modesty in your girls
2. Caring for the poor and widows
3. A care for the elderly
4. A strong sense of manners
5. A Christian home-school education
6.A strong knowledge of the Scriptures
7. An honor for parents
8. A want for church family life
9. Order and Cleanliness
10. A knowledge of sewing (girls)
11. Gallantry and gentleman's behavior in boys
12. A love of serving God to the best of their ability

This is a shamefully short list--but I listed the most essential, obvious ones. We have lost a lot of these qualities thanks to a dividing of the American, Christian home. A parent's example will be a child's blueprint for life--even is the next generation where to break form the mold the influence of the parents example will always be there--somewhere.
We must remember that siblings are of influence too. An immodest sister will encourage the younger to copy her. Crude manners of a brother will poison the sweet, polite tone of the younger.
We must inspire ideals that are wholesome, founded, positive, pure--strive for perfection! How as St. Peter's home ordered--what were his ideals for his family? What qualities of obedience were in his wife? What rules did they lay out together for the ethics of the home?
"But as he called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation." I Peter 1:15
"For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness." I Thess. 4:7
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt. 5:48
Aspire to inspire!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! I am so thankful that you commented on my blog, so I could follow your link here.
    I love everything I've read so far! (Although, I have to admit that I haven't come to agreement on the headcoverings.) But I look forward to reading all of your articles on headcoverings, so that I can study the issue further. Last time that I was studying about it, I came to the conclusion that a woman's hair was her covering. I'm not sure if you addressed that in any of your articles - and if so, I'll run across that when I have a chance to sit down and read through them with my Bible open. If not - might you consider taking a look, and then maybe blogging about it? You seem to have studied a lot about these things, and I'm very interested.
    Anyways, I'm really excited to begin following your blog, and I really cmomend you on the maturity and clarity of your writing. Something I could definitely work on myself.
    Well, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated finding this new treasure of a blog!
    Christ's many blessings!
    ~Shelby

    ReplyDelete

This is a site where we all want to impart "grace unto the hearer"(Eph.4:29). Let us not attack each other but admonish with love, if we must rebuke a fellow believer. Also keep in mind I would appreciate no improper language or phrases.
Thank you for sharing your opinions with us.
God bless you,
Miss Hannah

The Simmons Family

The Simmons Family